KeatsConnelly Purchases Cross Border Tax and Accounting

KeatsConnelly, a Phoenix-based wealth management firm specializing in managing the complexities of accumulated wealth and US/Canadian cross-border planning, has purchased Cross Border Tax & Accounting, LLC (CBTA), which serves clients with international tax concerns and offers a full range of tax planning and preparation in both the United States and Canada. The acquisition makes CBTA a wholly-owned subsidiary of KeatsConnelly.

As part of KeatsConnelly, CBTA will now be able to offer financial planning and investment management to its current client base, and it will avail Keats the chance to advise a new market of cross border citizens.

“KeatsConnelly serves the high net worth client. With CBTA, we are making the move to address the needs of the middle market client in the cross border niche,” said Dale Walters, chief executive officer of KeatsConnelly.

CBTA will require its clients to posses a minimum of $250,000 in assets to manage, while Keats, Connelly currently requires its client posses $1 million in assets.

“Keats, Connelly received 300 inquiries in 2006, with only 10 percent being potential clients. CBTA will now be able to serve most of that remaining 90 percent,” said Walters.

About KeatsConnelly

KeatsConnelly is a wealth management firm with offices in Arizona, Florida and Michigan. The firm specializes in managing the complexities of accumulated wealth and US/Canadian cross-border planning through an integrated approach including: financial,

investment, tax, estate and business planning, as well as the detailed management of all financial records and accounts. Keats, Connelly and Associates’ fee-only compensation model enables the company to maintain its philosophy of promoting clients’ best interests at all times while avoiding any potential conflict of interest with commissions. For more information on KeatsConnelly, please visit www.keatsconnelly.com.

Related Downloads

REL-CBTA Acquisition.pdf

Posted in In The News
Cross-Border Series
The Border Guide
Now available in its 11th edition, The Border Guide has sold over 80,000 copies and is considered the definitive cross-border financial tool for Canadians living, working and investing in the United States.
A Canadian's Best Tax Haven
This book will show you how to realize your dream of living a lifestyle in a climate that allows for year-round golfing and sandy beaches while lowering your taxes and cost of living.
Taxation of Canadians in America
This book addresses individual US taxation and estate planning issues you will face as a Canadian living in the US.
Taxation of Americans in Canada
US citizens and green card holders are subject to US tax regardless of where they reside in the world. Are YOU at risk?

Crossing the Border?
TRY OUR CROSS-BORDER FORUM »
Get Updates from Us
SIGN UP FOR E-UPDATES »