FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KeatsConnelly, a wealth management firm that assists Canadians and Americans in realizing their dreams of a cross-border lifestyle, has expanded its services to offer cross border tax planning for citizens of both the United States and United Kingdom living, investing and/or working in both countries.
“For us, it is a natural fit. With a shared language, increased direct flights and the current real estate opportunities throughout both countries, we are expecting a surge in U.K. citizens who will need these services and vice versa,” said Dale Walters, CPA, PFS, CFP®, Chief Executive Officer of KeatsConnelly.
Among the new service offerings are:
- Completion and submission of U.K. and US tax returns;
- Tax planning for US and U.K. taxes and their interaction;
- Advice for beneficiaries of U.K. trusts and estates;
- Information about U.K. indirect taxes (e.g. VAT);
- Advice on tax repercussions on sales of real property;
- Will preparation and estate planning advice for individuals with assets in both countries;
- Recommended strategies for transfers of business between United States and United Kingdom on emigration;
- Advice on residence and domicile issues as well as subsequent liability to tax in both countries;
- Resolution of U.K. tax investigations • Advice on the US/U.K. tax treaties;
- Tax planning on pre-arrival/departure; • Workshops and seminars covering any of these issues; and
- Publications for sale on tax issues for U.K. citizens residing in the United States.
Effective October 1, KeatsConnelly purchased Transatlantic Tax, which serves clients with international tax concerns and offers a full range of tax planning and preparation in both the United States and United Kingdom, from owner Mary-Heather Styles, who will stay on with the firm. The acquisition makes Transatlantic Tax a wholly-owned subsidiary of KeatsConnelly.
Styles brings more than 10 years of experience at Transatlantic Tax to the firm. She has also lived and worked in both the United States and United Kingdom and is an English barrister who has specialized in tax law for more than 25 years.
“The tax legislation in the United States and the United Kingdom are among the most sophisticated and complicated in the world, reflecting the societies in which they operate,” said Styles. “There are many occasions when taxpayers need advice from someone who understands both systems.”
Celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2010, KeatsConnelly is the largest wealth management firm in the United States specializing in cross-border issues. The firm’s focus is to reduce the stress associated with living, investing and working on both sides of the border, while at the same time creating opportunities for very large potential tax savings. The firm’s fee-only compensation model enables the company to maintain its philosophy of promoting clients’ best interests, at all times, while avoiding any potential conflict of interest with commissions. For more information, please visit www.keatsconnelly.com.