Prescription Drug Savings Card

Written by International Tax Manager, David Levine

Canadians living or vacationing in the United States and any other individual with limited or no prescription drug coverage can benefit from a prescription drug savings card. Instead of paying full price for medication, card members can save money whenever they purchase prescription drugs. People who already have insurance coverage may still find the card useful, as it can discount medications that are not covered by their health plan. The prescription drug savings card can also be especially useful to seniors enrolled in Medicare; especially when they are in the “donut hole”. The drug savings card can save individuals an average of 15% on brand drugs and 55% on generic drugs.

The website below supplies more information on this program. An individual can print the Prescription Drug Savings card from the website and take it to the pharmacy to fill their prescription.  Pharmacies will enter the card information and the discounted price on the prescription based on the pharmacy’s agreement with the program. The card can be used over and over again.

The Prescription Drug Savings Card is absolutely free. There is also a Pet Drug Plan that is also free and can be used in a similar manner.

Please click on this link for more information about this program,

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Cross-Border Blog
Cross-Border Series
The Border Guide
Now available in its 11th edition, The Border Guide has sold over 80,000 copies and is considered the definitive cross-border financial tool for Canadians living, working and investing in the United States.
A Canadian's Best Tax Haven
This book will show you how to realize your dream of living a lifestyle in a climate that allows for year-round golfing and sandy beaches while lowering your taxes and cost of living.
Taxation of Canadians in America
This book addresses individual US taxation and estate planning issues you will face as a Canadian living in the US.
Taxation of Americans in Canada
US citizens and green card holders are subject to US tax regardless of where they reside in the world. Are YOU at risk?

Crossing the Border?
Get Updates from Us