Our cross-border team eases your concerns about buying real estate in the US or Canada by helping you fully understand tax and risk consequences and recommending proper structuring of each purchase.
KeatsConnelly is the largest US-Canada cross-border financial planning and wealth management firm in North America. You can use our expertise to assist in fully realizing and enjoying your cross-border life.
In considering your overall cross-border financial transactions, we assist with the following real estate challenges and opportunities:
- Explaining the pros and cons of each ownership method and providing recommendations
- Sharing income tax implications and savings
- Preparing income tax and other filing requirements (through sister company Cross Border Tax & Accounting)
- Explaining non-resident US estate tax
- Considering US probate and ways to avoid or minimize it
- Exploring financing options and providing referrals
- Protecting you from personal liability
Want more information?
In Person: Contact us for a one-half hour consultation with Dale Walters, the author of the book Buying Real Estate in the US. The cost for the consultation is $350
For those that want to do it yourself, we suggest that you read the book Buying Real Estate in the US: The Concise Guide for Canadians. The book is available in paperback and electronic versions. Information about the book and how to order can be found at www.buyingrealestateintheus.com.