Prior to moving to the US you’ll have questions surrounding the myriad of tasks that need to be accomplished to ensure a successful cross-border relocation.
Common concerns are:
- Where can I get help with immigration?
- What should I do with my RRSPs?
- How should I invest my money in the US?
- Where can I get the best rate of exchange and who will help with the physical transfer of funds?
- What do I need to know about US health insurance and where do I go to obtain it?
- How will a move to the US affect my taxes?
Business owners planning to relocate across the border may have additional concerns regarding taxation on the eventual sale of their business in Canada and the protection of assets from US estate taxes. Immigration, Cash Management, Insurance, Retirement Planning, Investment and Estate Planning issues all need to be addressed in a good cross-border plan. KeatsConnelly has been helping clients do this successfully since 1990.